Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Our Values and Vision
At Chobham Academy, we wish to assist the development of our students in four key areas:
- Academic - achieving the best examination outcomes they are capable of.
- Learning - developing curiosity and a true love of learning. We want Chobham students to be equipped with skills to help make them confident and effective life-long learners.
- Social - helping students acquire the social skills and attitudes which will help them to form effective relationships both within and beyond school. These include excellent communication skills and the ability to be polite and friendly in any environment.
- Citizenship - we want our students to become active young citizens who have an informed social conscience and who take an interest in the world around them.
These aspirations are embedded in our six Chobham pillars upon which our outlook and behaviours are based:
- Excellence – being exceptional in everything we do
- Respect – being dedicated to mutually rewarding relationships
- Integrity – being true to ourselves and our work
- Innovation – being creative and challenging in our approach
- Collaboration – being one team
- Trust – being open and transparent
To help us achieve our ambitions we aim to make the following provision a typical experience for all students at Chobham:
- Great teaching and learning
- Strong and supportive relationships with fellow students and staff
- A diverse range of enrichment activities and trips
- A safe and secure environment where young people can express themselves with confidence
- Outstanding role modelling from adults in the Academy community
- A range of external speakers and mentors
- An inspiring learning environment
- A broad and exciting curriculum that meets the needs and aspirations of all students.
An inclusive school
Chobham is a school where all students are recognised as individuals and appreciated for their own unique personality and talents. At Chobham everyone is encouraged to be the best they can be and nobody is allowed to fail.
We are a richly diverse inner London community and a robustly comprehensive school. At Chobham difference is celebrated and everyone is welcome. Within our school community, no one is overlooked. Our house and tutor systems ensure that all students are known and their achievements recognised.
Students are encouraged to give their own views in a reasoned way and to do their best to understand, and always respect, the views of others. Our Student Council and Curriculum Advisors give structured routes for every student to contribute their opinions.
At Chobham, we do believe that schools have a role to play in guiding young people to develop morals which help them to lead a healthy, happy life and through their actions to benefit others. Our assembly and PSHE programmes and the frequency and quality of day to day discussion between staff and students helps our students to think in a community centred way.
Mutual respect and tolerance are integral elements of our school culture at Chobham. We promote an inclusive approach to issues surrounding disability, race and ethnicity, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, marriage/civil partnerships and parenthood. The Academy has a zero tolerance approach towards bullying.
Students are helped to understand the attitudes and beliefs that are protected by law and form part of British values. These values are not just taught but are embedded in our school life and ethos. British values include; individual liberty, the rule of law, democracy, tolerance for those of different faiths and beliefs, mutual respect and awareness and tolerance of communities which are different to their own. This helps prepare our students for life in modern Britain, giving them the confidence to support one another and to challenge discrimination and extremist attitudes. This philosophy also underpins the academic curriculum and is taught through every subject.