Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Chobham Academy Prefects
Our academy aims to develop in its students a positive and enterprising attitude to learning. In everything we do, we will embed our six core values to ensure students fulfil their potential:
- Excellence: Be exceptional in everything we do.
- Respect: Be dedicated to relationships.
- Integrity: Be true to our word.
- Innovation: Be challenging in our approach.
- Collaboration: Be one team.
- Trust: Be open and transparent.
Academy Prefects make a valuable contribution to the wider school community at Chobham Academy, taking on important leadership roles, assisting and supporting both staff and pupils, liaising with prospective parents/carers, students and other visitors and acting as excellent role models for their peers and younger students.
As Academy Prefect, we offer students the opportunity to:
- Develop their leadership skills;
- Develop their ability to work in a team;
- Develop their ability to use your initiative;
- Become actively involved in the day to day running of the school;
- Extend their Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- Provide positive evidence for Sixth Form, College and job references;
- Become a more well-rounded human being.
Year 11 Honorary Prefects 2017-18
Congratulations to the following students representing Chobham Academy as Year 11 Honorary Prefects:
|Last Name||First Name||House|
|Akinboboye||Opeyemi Rich||Jonny Peacock|
|Dos Santos||Leann Kathryn||Anthony Joshua|
|Hanson||Kailan Tee||Beth Tweddle|
Year 10 Academy Prefects 2017-18
Congratulations to the following students representing Chobham Academy as Year 10 Academy Prefects:
|Last Name||First Name||House|
|Islam||Syeda Raeesah||Jonny Peacock|
|Mendes Correia||Angel||Jonny Peacock|
|Balachanda||Sharon Pratheep||Anthony Joshua|
|Lombi||Junior Lungu||Anthony Joshua|
|Kargar||Shafia Sonia||Anthony Joshua|
|Khan||Muhammad Suleman||Beth Tweddle|
|Mbambu||Roni Mpemba||Beth Tweddle|
|Shaikh||Mohammed Idris||Beth Tweddle|
Below you will find the main duties and responsibilities of our Academy Prefects:
- Academy Prefects will be expected to act as role models for the rest of the year group and for the lower school. They will be expected to conduct themselves in an exemplary manner at all times.
- Academy Prefects will be required to represent the Academy’s student body at the majority of internal and external Academy events such as Open Days, Parents’ Evenings, Celebration Evenings, primary school visits, and events such as the whole school production and art exhibition. Duties on these occasions vary but will include hosting, speeches, assisting with refreshments, welcoming, and compeering, judging or similar.
- Academy Prefects will act as a point of communication between students and staff. They will be expected to gather opinions from and represent the best interests of the student body. They will be asked to feed back to staff well thought-out and well evidenced opinions. In order to facilitate this, the Academy Prefects will be expected to make themselves available to students, possibly by putting together a regular ‘open door’ meeting rota or alternative form of communication.
- Academy Prefects will be expected to share the responsibility of regular lunch time duties (plus other monitoring duties, where mutually agreed e.g. Library, Theatre or Sports Hall). They will be expected to monitor other students’ behaviour and uniform, and point out any issues.
- Academy Prefects will be given responsibility for creation and maintenance of displays within the school as agreed.
- Academy Prefects may be required to organise (and supervise) trips, events, innovation days or guest speakers from time-to-time, as agreed.
- Academy Prefects will act as the first point of contact for assisting and organising house events such as assemblies or tournaments, as well as charitable events.
- Academy Prefects will be expected to play an active part in promoting the ethos and values of the Academy through marketing, organising and attending events within the community.
- Academy Prefects will be expected to play an active part in the transition of Year 6 students to Year 7, arranging regular visits, taster lessons and events, as well as assisting during the Year 6 Testing Day and Year 6 Induction Day.
- Academy Prefects will be expected to volunteer to assist wherever needed and within reason.
Personal specification for the role of Academy Prefect
Below you will find a summary of the key competencies a potential Academy Prefect should have:
Experience & Knowledge
Understanding of the Academy rules and codes of behaviour
Confident to enforce the rules wherever required
Experience of helping out during an Academy event or scheme e.g. Open Evening, Boss Day, assembly or whole school production
Confident speaker with proven experience
Proven track record of following Academy rules and procedures including excellent behaviour, punctuality and attendance
Abilities & Skills
Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate sensibly and maturely with a variety of audiences
Experience with working on projects or events with different age groups
Ability to work flexibly, on own initiative and as part of a team
Ability to manage relationships with tact and diplomacy
Enthusiastic and willing to undertake further responsibility, training and development as required
If you have any questions regarding student leadership at Chobham Academy, the prefect system, the application process, the job description, the personal specification or the selection process, please contact Mr Stander at firstname.lastname@example.org .