Download our FREE smartphone app today!
The Academy is committed to the vital contribution all staff and governors make to safeguarding children. We will strive to make sure that every student in the Academy feels secure, well cared for, and able to reach their full potential.
We will ensure all our own staff, other professionals, parents/carers and students work together to know the rules about keeping children safe. They will understand the importance of following procedures and listening to each other, especially when there are concerns about safety.
The Academy will work hard to reduce all the kinds of harm that children can suffer, including abuse, bullying, discrimination and avoidable injuries. If you have any concerns at all about the safety or welfare of a child please do not hesitate to contact us.
The Academy Lead Designated Child Protection Officer is Mr James Fisher
The contact details are:
We are committed to ensuring that all students are safe when within our care.
As a result, we have introduced the SHARP system for students, as a educational tool and as a method for reporting any concerns they may have.
For further information, please click on the link below.
Useful Parent/Carer Links:
- You. Your Friends. The Internet - Keeping yourselves safe, keeping the internet fun.
- 'Sex, Relationships, The Internet - Three things that get a little bit complicated.'
- Protecting your children from online abuse (this includes a useful short interactive video)
- New Films: Nude Selfies - What Parents and Carers need to know:
- Parent Info - From CEOP and Parent Zone - 'The 5 digital parenting rules that REALLY matter.'
- Parent Info - From CEOP and Parent Zone - 'Setting Safety and Privacy settings for Social Media Apps.'
- The Good Online Gaming Guide:
- Online Safety - NSPCC
- A Parent's Guide to Social Networks - NSPCC:
- Share Aware - NSPCC:
- Sexting - NSPCC:
- Playing Games Online - NSPCC:
- 12 Questions answered about parenting in the digital age - NSPCC
- Get Safe Online