Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Working at Chobham Academy
Join us at Chobham Academy.
A message from the Principal, Michael Whitworth.
Chobham Academy is always on the lookout for inspirational and influential staff. Most of all, we are on the lookout for potential colleagues who like our students and want to help them succeed.
We understand that if staff are to give their best to our students over a sustained period of time, then the school needs to provide them with the best deal possible. We want our staff team to be well motivated and well looked after. If your time at Chobham is to be happy, then it needs to be rewarding and professionally fulfilling.
In order to help our staff have the best possible experience and achieve a proper work- life balance, we have put into place a range of measures to benefit both our teaching and students services colleagues. These include:
- An extra week of holiday for all Chobham staff. This takes the form of a two-week half term in October. We work fewer days than most other schools.
- Outstanding professional development both at Chobham and through the wider Harris Federation
- Excellent promotion opportunities
- A constant dialogue about workload and how to manage it most effectively. We have regular workload audits, an active and vocal staff committee and frequent campaigns to tackle unnecessary work and identify quick wins
- Rapid and effective support with any student behavioural issues arising
- A high-quality staff induction programme
- Marking protocols devised by departments themselves
- Manageable and flexible lesson planning expectations
- Clear communications and manageable deadlines. We only ask staff to do what is necessary and avoid complication and confusion. Chobham is an exceptionally well-run school
- Learning walks rather than formal lesson observations. These are not graded
- Nursery on site
- Flexible and part time working encouraged whenever possible
- Additional time for leadership responsibilities
- Focus on effective outcomes rather than time spent
- High levels of administrative support for all teachers
- Ongoing celebration of staff excellence
Other benefits of working at Chobham:
- World class facilities for learning, leisure and sport. A school which is genuinely at the heart of its local community
- The advantages of working for the country’s most successful major Academy group. These include amazing consultant support and a range of high-quality central services.
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package, including an extra £2000 annually for all teachers working in our Academy.
What kind of people are we looking for?
- First and foremost, you must like working with children and be good at it
- You must be highly skilled in the role you are applying for or else willing and able to learn in post
- You must show a passion for education and improving the life chances of London children
- You should be willing to contribute to the wider life of the Academy (running clubs, attending events)
- You should be highly motivated, like working as part of a team and possess excellent communication skills
- You must hold appropriate qualifications for the role you are applying for
Please take a look at our website to find out more about the school. If you would like to speak to someone about the role before applying, please contact our Human Resources department in the first instance, email@example.com